Monday, July 27, 2009

Poetry Appreciation Night

Some are back in studies,some may be having holidays,but for me,it was a start of a whole new week for me(Once again).Nothing much cept for colloquim we had to stay back and rehearse for Poetry Night this coming Friday (Its some event the Form 6'es have to plan out,with some UM VIP coming).Spent the most of my time chilling with the peeps and flaunting my guitar playing infront of them XD

Unfortunately,we all had to compose a poem each for the nights event,and mine got chosen to be "deklamasikan" infront of everyone.It was awkward because mine was too over-cheesily romantic (Not that i was in anyway eh? =P)Here it goes.(Original version was in Malay,but i expressed it in English,it would sound better if it were in English anyway)XD

MY PROMISE-By yours truly XD

My promise to you,
When the world around you collapses,
and the sky loses its light,
and when your spirit has shattered,
Ill be there.

My promise to you,
In a world full of confusion and pain,
with no one to trust,
and no one who would help,

ill be your shelter.

But that time will come,
when you are ready,
and i would have to let go,
i can never embrace,
because you mean the world to me.

Destiny may have been set,
but my spirit persists,
full of sincerity,
full of hope,
Eventhough so,
I will never forget,my promise to you.

Extremely cheesy right? I dunno,when i started writing,the first thing that came to mind was a romance poem because they are pretty easy to write.(If you have a bible,reading Songs Of Songs would do nicely when writing a romance poem)So yeah,i have to ''express'' this out on Friday.Ugh.

I need inspiration.....for my guitar playing....bleh.

As much as i prefer transparency in everything i do,especially friendships and relationships,its tricky to get others into the mood of talking about what you think,cus I have a feeling im being avoided by someone =/.....or perhaps its my over-worrysome mind putting doubts into my thoughts again.Ugh it ALWAYS does that.I have problems with myself too~

No comments:

Post a Comment