Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The music in my life

So lately,schools been bogging me down and i got alot on my mind,in order to chill id usually have a nice good convo with anyone of my friends or,of course,listen to some good music.

For this post,im gonna be abit more light-hearted and share with you guys the songs i listen to that make me smile and loosen up.They say music is a great remedy for destressing,i say its the PERFECT remedy! XD

I really relate with the songs i like because they touch me in a way that is almost inspiring and uplifting,i dunno bout you guys,but i get it from the songs i listen to.Its a sort of ''musical infatuation'' for a certain song which will (Or might not) subside sooner or later and the spirit just relaxes,the mind loosens and your senses become milder.*Lol Shu Lyn,i still listen to some of the songs you sent me,another exchange session sometime?*

Songs that brightens my mood:
Nickelback-Someday (Setting things right,someday somehow,love it)/Savin Me (Nice lyrics)

Andy Mckee-Drifting (Guitar instrumental,love the technical value of the song)

Annett Louisan-Das Gehul/Die Sein/Der Schone (Its German,but heck,she's one lovely singer)

Coldplay-The Scientist (Love the lyrics,even now)/Shiver (Guy likes girl,but girl doesnt like guy lyrics,heh)

Shania Twain-From This Moment On (Great love song,My 2nd most fave song at the moment)/Youre Still The One (Likewise)

Corrine Bailey Rae-Like A Star (One of my first Jazz songs,still love it after so long)

Diana Krall-The Look Of Love (Lovely jazz romance song)/Cry Me A River (Its a cover but i like her version)

Evanescence-Lithium (The only song by them which i think is good,love the song meaning)

Kotaro Oshio-Splash (Guitar instrumental,but its a joy just to listen to)

Linkin Park-Somewhere I Belong (The only song i like from them,brings back memories from primary school *When it 1st came out*)

MUSE-If i were to list them here,it would be possibly be much longer than this post,some other time XD

Norah Jones-The Nearness Of You (I can imagine having a romantic moment with my future wife while playing this song,lovely lyrics)

Civil Twilight-Letters From The Sky (Yes Shu Lyn,you got me hooked on this song too,thanks!The ambience of the song is engaging)

Take That-Greatest Day (My MOST favourite song at the moment,give it a listen!)

Jamie Cullum-I Get A Kick Out Of You (Nice jazz song)

Avril Lavigne-Nobody's Home (The only GOOD song to come from her,i like the song meaning)/Im With You (Love this one too ^^)

No Doubt-Dont Speak (About failed friendship?,the classical guitar solo is great too)

AaRON-U-Turn (A French duet,but the songs in English,the song aura is gripping)

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Gold Lion (Simple yet,very addicting,one of my more ''playful'' songs)

Clazziquai-Hold Your Tears (The english version is beautiful,so suave and it makes me float)

Colby Caillat-Realize (A simple song,yet the lyrics are great)

Antoine Dufour-Reality (Guitar Instrumental,youd really appreciate this song if you played the guitar)

Snow Patrol-Make This Go On Forever (My ''emo'' song,hah)/Run (Never got sick of it until now,may be abit boring to some)

U2-Elevation (Cool song by Bono and co,nice lyrics)

Well so there you go,usually i love the songs i listen to simply because it fits a certain mood i am in at any given time.So i got a song to complement every mood i have.haha

Give the songs a listen and hopefully youd like them as much as i do.Happy Listening!

*P.S message me if you want me to send some to you*

1 comment:

  1. I understand what you mean about music ( I would do anything to be able to play music - except practice :/ ).

    I loved Somewhere I Belong in primary school as well!

    Have to ask you though .... these songs BRIGHTEN your mood? o_O. Some of them are quite emo. :D

    ReplyDelete