Sunday, December 20, 2009

FBC Youth Camp 2009

Like always,i dont post my pics here,so do check out my Facebook profile for the pics.

Its been 3 years since my last church camp and in-between that time,my journey has taken me from place to place.How God works in our lives is a real living force and how everything turned-out is nothing short of Gods intervention,ive been really blessed.

So yeah,there was a feeling of DeJaVu because we went to Pines Resort,Frasers Hill:The exact same place i had my last church camp at 3 years ago.That time,i guess i was more care-free and less serious about how i managed myself.How things have changed so quickly.

The trip up there took bout 2 1/2 hours and it wasnt so bad,i got a bad headache but that was about it,some of my friends had been really unsettled on the bus ride up because of the winding road =/

The speaker for this camp was pastor Justin Wong,a young dude from the US,it was really cool listening to his sessions and it brought much insight into my spiritual understanding.

We had activities like workshops,Treasure Hunts and Prayers walks,it was all really fun and i learnt alot,especially Prayer Walk,that one had alot of symbolic value to it.

I guess the one thing i learnt most from this camp is that TRUE discipleship will cost us alot in our lives,God has called upon all his children to spread his good news and by doing so,we have to make a sacrifice that we might be unwilling to.

Throughout the year,ive really been challenged by him to let go of some of the things in my life that i hold with such high regard.Its been a real struggle and even now i contemplate how much i have to lose,but my faith has carried me on and eventhough im get hurt and depressed sometimes,a little prayer always does the trick.

Its great that ive finally come to be a part of FBC church,and to top it all off with a camp finale just makes this year mean alot more to me,especially when ive spent it with 2 people who come closest to being my ''childhood'' friends.Thank God la =)

No comments:

Post a Comment